Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eyes That Heal, April 8

Nouwen reminds us often of the significance of intimacy with Christ. In today's devotion we are called to see with the eyes of Christ, for his penetrating eyes see through the evidence of our sinful ways to the need of our hearts. An old gospel song says, "He looked beyond my fault and saw my need." The Psalmist implored God, "Search me, O Lord, and know my heart..." The penetrating eyes of Christ search our hearts and love us still. Oh that we could love others with such a love. Nouwen writes, "Lord, let me see what you see...the love of God and the suffering of people so that my eyes may become more and more like yours, eyes that can heal wounded hearts." (p.162) As the eyes of Christ bring healing to our wounded hearts, we too can become healers to the wounded around us.

JKA

No comments:

Post a Comment